Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cora And Her Furry Friends!

Hey fellow list-loving friends!

Today marks the exciting start of a new blog... Etc. Lists!

This blog is for all of my random posts that are pretty much only of interest to my family and closest friends. 

Usually, I will just post to this blog on Saturdays and Sundays, but you might get the occasional Tuesday or Thursday post when NL is taking a day off.


Let's get this party started with a trip to the pet store with my babytoddler. That girl loves her some animals! We have a really great Pet Smart near our house where there is a doggy day care, a vet's office, a totally viewable animal-grooming area, fish galore, dogs walking around the store with their owners, cats waiting to be adopted, and other furry and not so furry friends to check out.


I have grouped two recent trips worth of photos together for you. On the first trip, she got to pet 3 dogs! One was a therapy dog, one was a very friendly dog with a very friendly owner, and the last one was a 4 week old puppy! I did most of the petting on the last one. I didn't take any photos of the dog petting fun because I didn't know how the pet owners (oops they aren't supposed to be called "owners" are they?) would like it and I wanted my hands to be free in case I needed to whisk Cora away from any potential dog-snarling issues. 


Without further ado, here are our animal party pictures!


Dear Pet Smart, please bare with me while I teach my daughter not to put her hands or face on your glass. I do my best to wipe up any fingerprints or mouth and eye prints (see the bird section) that she leaves!


She definitely thought that she could pet the kitty cats through the glass.

The cats seemed to think so too!


We had a real problem with glass touching when bird-time came around.


She apparently wanted to kiss the birds?

Or just show them that she could make awesome faces!

Either way, she loves watching those "Tweet Tweets" fly all over their cage.

Cora has just recently switched from referring to dogs as "hah-hah" (dog panting sound) to "dawwg." So, she was thrilled to see these guys and shout "dawwg" over and over again!

She even got a high five from Lassie!

Lizard time! Cora told me she knew what we were looking at by showing me her sign for lizards: super fast tongue stick-outs over and over.

There was a lot of pointing too.

They were pretty awesome! There was even another lady there taking photos of them. She was obsessed with them. As she was in line checking out, I saw her looking back at the lizards with an intense amount of love in her eye no less than 30 times. We chatted for a few minutes about them and she said they were filled with personality.

The fancy rat seemed to really enjoy hanging out with Cora!

Cora got her 2nd through-the-glass-high-five of the day from Mrs. Fancy Rat!

And that brought our trip to a close. I hope you will join me back here again sometime to check out more Etc. Lists!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Great post and great idea to have an Etc blog. You're such a good mom. Cora obviously loved her pet store trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!!!! So cute....you know...Shauna's Mom has Tex like puppies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know you want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to cuddle a tex-look-alike puppy! how do i sign up for that job?

      it was a fun time!

      Delete

I love to read your comments!